Because the rental applicant initiates the screening, it posts to his or her credit file a "soft inquiry" which does not affect his or her credit score.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Platinum and SmartMove?
- SmartMove Sample Report
- Can SmartMove verify my renter's employment or rental history?
- Does SmartMove report unpaid rent to the credit bureau?
- Why can't I complete the entire SmartMove process without the renter?
- Is a SmartMove report a hard or soft pull on credit?
- SmartMove: What if renter doesn't have a SSN?